Sunday, September 30, 2007

Team Play on the PIT

Hey Guys So it’s been about 5 days now and most of us have finished the fight a couple of times now, And Have took the fight to halo 3 Match Making. Now A few days ago I covered the steps to get ready for playing and what you should do when playing, and hopefully it helped some of you get a couple levels and win a couple games. Today I’m going to give a few tips The PIT, that I have learned work pretty good right now in team slayer games.

The Pit

This map is a pretty open map and the key to it is move as a team, Watch each other’s backs, and don’t go out alone. The Most Effective weapon on this map is a BR because most of the times you see the enemy at distance and can take them out at range, while they try to close in and use their AR. This tactic will keep you safe as long as you keep distance between you and your target, and remember nothing hits harder than a team with BR’s.

The Rockets are a Man spot of attack I have noticed on this map, everyone rushes them right from the get go, and whoever comes in on top in this battle has the lead in kills and has rockets to go on the attack with. The Thing I have noticed though is that everyone runs straight for them down that single hallway and it’s a death trap for you and your enemies.

In order to come out on top send 2 of your men to the hallway have one the first one move in throwing hand grenades down the hall when he is out have the second one throw them down the hallway too. The first man’s job is to lay down fire now as the second one picks up the rockets and fires one down the hall. Now while this is going on its best to send 2 other men down the invisibility hallway to flank them and clean up the kills of those who have weak shields cause of the grenade throwing.

Since me and my team have started to do this we have not lost a game, nor has the other team got the rockets from the start of the match.

Once you grab the rockets it’s time to move back to your sniper base and spawn if you want you can leave your guy with invisibility lurking back to get a quick kill or 2 and cover your team as they fall back. Make sure to grab BR’s as well as needlers on the way and move back to your tower.

Once you get set up on that tower your pretty much set. You should have the lead and your enemy should have to make their way to you to catch up to you in kills. Some people call this camping but I say its team work. Now you can’t stay there the whole game when make sure to keep moving to get your weapons but remember always to move as a team, A Lone man on pit, is a dead man on pit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"A Lone man on pit, is a dead man on pit."
Amen... I was accused yesterday of stealing kills during a team slayer game because I was watching my team's back; matchmaking can be infuriating sometimes.

Unknown said...

I don't know man I think that there is a different strategy that works a little better. I average 20 kills on the Pit and 15 of which come from the Sword. this is the first Halo Game that I have ever played but that sword is so much easier to get a triple kill, due to the fact that one sword has 10 kills in it. and there is no reload. you don't always have to use the power, if you are behind your enemy your B button and get a kill like that. when I play with my team 3 stick together and i go off by myself so that i can come up behind the enemy while they are in a shooting battle. also another good tactic is put someone on the turret while another is there to have his back you can easily hit 50 kills. To me the sword is by far the most tactical weapon. the gernades are a must while using the swords. just my thoughts

Dan Steinbarge said...

See, the problem with jason's tactic is, While you are running around with your sword, I'm taking you out from across the map with my BR. OP had it right, the BR really is the killer weapon on this map. As a rule, I usually carry a BR and AR, both for obvious reasons. Five bursts to the head with the BR, and you're dead. Half a clip to the head with the AR, followed by a Melee, and you're dead. I couldn't tell you how many times I've killed people in the middle of a sword lunge with this technique.

Unknown said...

u guys all suck and have no life at all get a life and get laid or sum shit